After the great success of the Casa Balla. From home to universe and back, the opening to the public of the extraordinary futurist house in Rome continues, where Giacomo Balla lived and worked from 1929 until his death in 1958.
It was the summer of 1929 when the Balla family moved to their home in via Oslavia, in the Della Vittoria district. An “office worker” apartment which for Giacomo Balla, his wife Elisa Marcucci and their two daughters Luce and Elica, also painters, will become the home of life, the chosen place transformed by the family into a work of art.
Casa Balla is an experimentation laboratory made up of painted walls and doors, decorated furniture and furnishings, self-made tools, paintings and sculptures, clothes designed and sewn at home and many other objects that, together, have created a unique and total kaleidoscopic project. The House is a workshop, a universe dotted with shapes and colors in which you can still breathe an atmosphere that reflects the ideas expressed in the manifesto on the Futurist Reconstruction of the Universe, signed by Giacomo Balla and Fortunato Depero in 1915. balliano universe coexist functionality and aesthetics creating a new and vital union: Art invests everything and objects designed and built for everyday use, tables, chairs, shelves, easels, ashtrays, plates, tiles, albeit poor in materials, are very rich in the creative vein and make the apartment a magical place of metamorphosis.
Casa Balla, intellectual salon for many personalities of art and culture, closed its doors in the nineties with the disappearance of the Miss Balla. Declared of cultural interest by the Ministry of Culture in 2004, only today thanks to a long and careful work of recognition, study and safety of the assets by MAXXI and the Special Superintendency of Rome in collaboration with the heirs it was possible to set up the house with the works of the Maestro and his daughters and finally make it accessible to the public, restoring its soul as a creative forge.