The preserved building next to the monastery of Saint Andrew was built on the remains that M. Staglieno before and P. E. Taviani then spotted as the home of the Genoese navigator. The original residence of Colombo seems to be localized in Portoria, where his father Domenico had obtained from the monastery of S. Stefano appointed over the Olivella Gate, the ancient entrance to St. Vincent. Since 1455 the same monks in Colombo rented the house in Vico Straight 37, made at the time of two levels: a ground floor shop where Domenico, lost world of guarding the door, led the professions of weaver and a wine merchant, and the use of upper floor kitchen (the copy of the original leaseè on display inside the monument). During the youth of Christopher, and for about a century this part of the cityà subì an exceptional population growth which resulted in a further stratification of the urban fabric; the original building, to memorize options ;, was raised three floors only in the eighteenth century. why? hit in the French bombing of 1684, as confirmed by the analysis of the beams of the floors made by T. Mannoni. In 1887 the City acquist memorize options the building by inserting it in the restoration of the Gates program; There memorize options He allowed the survival of the shift in the center occurred between the late 800 and thirties of last century. The archaeological excavations carried out in the last restoration in 2001 revealed the existence of earlier foundations to the medieval period.