This palace was built between 1925 and 1928 by Luigi Parmeggiani to house his art collection. Parmeggiani, born in Reggio Emilia and fled to London after some events connected to his acquaintances with anarchist circles, manages a gallery in Paris art with the artist Ignacio Leon Y Escosura. After an adventurous life in the various European capitals, combining his activity in the art market perhaps also with that of a forger, he returned to Reggio Emilia where he built his house museum. The building seems to express a synthesis of models from the ancient , medieval and Renaissance worlds. The vestibule houses a collection of marble and terracotta of antique taste, on the sides there are smaller rooms, while the main path leads to the central hall, characterized by the large skylight, which recalls the impluvium atrium of the Roman house, but also the hall of the Escosura/Marcy sales gallery in Paris. The current arrangement respects that conceived by Parmeggiani and includes three rooms dedicated to European pictorial schools (Flemish, Spanish, French/English), four rooms dedicated to classes of materials (fabrics, costumes, goldsmiths and weapons), three rooms for the paintings of Escosura and Cesare Detti. The central hall (dedicated to Clemente, as a tribute to the city of Reggio) houses Italian paintings , furniture, ceramic and metal objects.