The old slaughterhouse in Testaccio, built between 1888 and 1891 by Gioacchino Ersoch, is considered one of the most important industrial archaeological buildings of the city to modernity and originality of its facilities. The buildings previously used for slaughtering and distribution of meat intended for the city of Rome, it is now the seat of different realities such as the Faculty of Architecture of Rome and Academy of Fine Arts. A significant portion of the slaughterhouse is at the center a redevelopment plan for the creation of a center for research and artistic and cultural production, who can offer incisive contemporary image of the city of Rome, recording developments, and stimulating the evolution. The Slaughterhouse aims to be a center of excellence for the production and the public return of national and international research linked to the performing arts and their relationship with the visual arts as well as with scientific languages and knowledge related to architectural and urban planning. In a vision of collaboration with other institutions in the slaughterhouse complex.