Lippi Alessandri Palace
The Palazzo was built in the 17th century by the noble Lippi Alessandri family, who owned it until 1851, and today houses one of the exhibition spaces of the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation. In 1909 the credit activity of the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia began in the oldest nucleus of Palazzo Lippi, which later became Banca dell'Umbria, merged into the UniCredit group in 2003. Over the course of the century, this presence led to a series of transformations to adapt the building to the needs of the Institute, such as the construction of the first vault in 1924. Thus in the early Thirties not only the residence was confirmed, but a series of important changes were initiated that transformed and expanded the internal structure of the Palace: on a project by the architect Dino Lilli, the public hall was in fact built in the current style of the period, with a very large skylight with colored glass, inaugurated in 1932. Today this hall is the Sala Lippi, the central nucleus of the exhibition space. In the same period the reconstruction of the facade was started, embellished by the balcony on Corso Vannucci on the floor occupied by the bank, and other adjacent buildings were acquired and connected which became part of the main body of the building; thus also the ancient Via Pentolini, to the right of the main door, was incorporated and closed. But in the mid-seventies it was almost rediscovered, when it was used to create access to the new and current hall for the public of the Unicredit headquarters in Perugia. In the same circumstance, the expansion also made it possible to obtain spacious representative offices harmoniously connected to the oldest nucleus of the Palazzo.The last restoration, which took place in 2016 on the occasion of the exhibition "The Treasures of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia", has kept the spaces and decorations trying to enhance the genius loci that has characterized the history of this important building complex. To date, the building hosts various temporary exhibitions. The organization of the events is entrusted to the CariPerugia Arte Foundation, an organizational and production-promotion structure created by the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia in 2014 to strengthen the activity already carried out over the years in the fields of art and culture.