The long building of the Logge dei Tiratori, equipped with a portico and bordered by the church of Santa Maria dei Laici, was originally the seat of the hospital of Santa Maria, built in 1326 on the initiative of the brotherhood of the same name. In 1505 other city hospitals joined it. The building thus took the name of "Spedal Grande" and remained active until 1628. On its facade there remains a fresco with the Madonna among the SS. Peter and Paul of 1473, attributed to a pupil of Nelli.
Already from the mid-15th century, the Wool Guild aimed to build, above the hospital, a covered room for "pulling" clothes (that is, for drying the fabric, stretched so that it takes on a specific length and width). . The shooting gallery was built, after countless controversies, only at the beginning of the century. XVII becoming one of the very rare examples of pre-industrial architecture.
Recently, the conference room below which belonged to the Banca dell'Umbria has been restored and is currently used as an exhibition space: The organization of the events is entrusted to the CariPerugia Arte Foundation, an organizational and production-promotion structure created by the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation in 2014 to strengthen the activity already carried out over the years in the art and culture sectors.
The Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation is engaged in a recovery project which also includes the opening of a space which will connect, via a pedestrian walkway, Piazza 40 Martiri with Piazza San Giovanni by crossing the Camignano stream.