The Palazzo Baldeschi Museum , located in Corso Vannucci in the historic center of Perugia , is an ancient noble residence owned by the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation whose origins date back to the end of the fourteenth century and is characterized by a magnificent frescoed main floor which usually it is reserved for important temporary exhibitions organized by the CariPerugia Arte Foundation which manages the palace and its activities.
The other four floors house prestigious art collections that the Foundation wanted to share with the city of Perugia and its visitors, creating a multidisciplinary space and a pole of attraction in which art, in its various forms, is the absolute protagonist . The rooms on the third and fourth floors of the Palazzo, which have recently undergone careful restoration, house the historic collection of works of art of the Foundation which range from 1400 to 1900 and which, including the various bequests which have embellished it over the years, it consists of over 200 pieces including paintings, sculptures and drawings by prestigious artists, among which masters such as Perugino, Pinturicchio, Signorelli, Matteo da Gualdo and Niccolò di Liberatore, known as the Alunno, stand out. A monographic section is reserved for Gian Domenico Cerrini, a painter straddling classicism and baroque, while for contemporary art, among others, Gerardo Dottori is present, one of the greatest interpreters of Futurism and master of aeropainting.
The precious and undoubtedly original Alessandro Marabottini Collection consists of over seven hundred works, ranging from the 16th to the 20th century, set up with the works collected over a lifetime and donated to the Foundation by the Florentine collector, long-time history teacher of art at the University of Perugia. The peculiarity of the exhibition itinerary lies in the fact that starting from the large entrance hall on the second floor of the building, the visitor is welcomed by the reconstruction of the noble residence inhabited by the Marabottini in Florence, whose rooms have been reproduced almost faithfully. Finally, the Museum exhibits the Collection of Renaissance Majolica from the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation. Made up of about 150 pieces, it is a unique collection in the world for the quality and rarity of the works that compose it.