The National Archaeological Museum of Parma is one of the oldest museums in Italy and is part of the Monuments The Pilotta. Established in 1760 to house the precious material from the excavations of the Roman city of Veleia, it was enriched in more than two centuries by acquiring materials Egyptians, Etruscans and Romans. It exposes in fact the findings from the scientific excavations conducted during the nineteenth and twentieth century in the Parma area, revealing to visitors the history of the area from the Paleolithic to the Middle Ages. The two floors of the museum offer a rich array of prehistoric cultures of Italy, Roman and pre-Roman and ancient Egypt, and at the same time allow you to retrace the history of the formation of the museum and its collections. The upper floor houses the collections are not linked to the Parma area, such as the Egyptian section, the Greek and Etruscan and statues from the Rome digs, the more the rich display of finds from Veleia excavations, among which the famous Tabula Alimentaria and 12 marble statues of members of the Julio-Claudian family. Downstairs is instead placed the area's history, from the Paleolithic to the Bronze Age terramare, to Roman and Lombard.