The St. Louis Galleria in Parma is set in a quaint place housed in the wing of former S.Ludovico deconsecrated church from which it takes its name, the Art Gallery is located in the heart of the city center button and placed on ' thistle ancient Roman city. The original Romanesque building was rebuilt in neoclassical style in the years between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries by architects Antonio and Nicholas Bettoli. After the suppression of the monastery in 1810, in 1817 the Duchess Maria Luigia decided to obtain a ducal chapel, intended for religious services of his court and the church in his honor was dedicated to the saint whose name he bore: St. Louis. With the end of the Duchy, even the chapel ceased its function in 1860 was, in fact, desecrated and a few years later finally closed. For years it was used for offices and only recently has been restored to a more appropriate use as an exhibition space for temporary exhibitions and other cultural events.