The Civic Museum Of Montepulciano
The Civic Museum of Montepulciano, located a few steps from the beautiful Piazza Grande, is located inside Palazzo Neri Orselli, a splendid construction of the fourteenth century. It houses the Pinacoteca Crociani, composed of about one hundred eighty paintings from the 14th century, collected and donated to the municipality from the primicerium of the cathedral, Francesco Crociani.
Born in Montepulciano in 1781, Crocianians saw a significant collection of paintings that well reflect tastes and trends in the artistic field of him. The collection mainly comprising works from '600 of the 700s of Florentine and Bolognese environment, as well as paintings by painters in the Netherlands. To this sort of "gallery" includes paintings of history and sacred and profane figure, portraits, landscapes, gender scenes and still life.
In the museum route, therefore, works by artists of Sienese school (Antonio Bazzi called the Sodom, Alessandro Casolani, Rutilio Manetti, Deifebo Burbarini), Fiorentina (Giovannantonio Lappoli, Giovanbattista Naldini, Santi di Tito, Right Sottermans, Pier Dandini), Romana (Giovanni Antonio Galli called the Spadarino), Emiliana (Prospero Fontana, Agostino Carracci, Cristoforo Munari) and Flemish (Jan Miel, Abraham Bloemart).