The Civic Archeological Museum of Collegiata
Casole d'Elsa hosts a museum that intertwines archaeological heritage with historical-artistic heritage. The heart of the small center is the famous collegiate beside which, in the rooms of the rectory, the rooms dedicated to the archaeological findings and the works belonging to the territory of Casole d'Elsa find space. Of great interest are a marble statue head coming from the nineteenth-century collection of the Marquis Bargagli and two bronze breeds depicting a boxing scene attesting to the economic and cultural vitality of this archaic Etruscan area. The numerous funeral kits of Hellenistic age, claimed in the necropolis of edges, instead they belong to the membership in Casole to the political-cultural framework of Volterra.
The historical-artistic section of the Archaeological Civic Museum and of the Collegiate Chain of Casole d'Elsa consists of two important nuclei of works performed by the painters Alessandro Casolani (1552 / 1553-1607) and Augusto Bastianini (1875 - 1938) born respectively to mensano e Monteguidi, two castles of the countryside of Casole. The museum also holds some tardomedieval and Renaissance works among which a fresco of Giacomo Pacchiarotti is noted that attests to the luck of the Umbrian school of Pinturicchio in the Siena of the first five hundred. The route ends in the collegiate monumental of Santa Maria Assunta in which among the numerous works there are two great fourteenth-century funeral monuments: the Cenotafio of Messer Porrina made by Marco Romano and the sepulcher of the Bishop Tommaso Andrei carved by Gano di Fazio, a shovel of John of the Robbia and a canvas of the Caravageco Sienese Rutilio Manetti.