Museo Civico Belliniano
The Bellini Civic Museum is located in the center of Catania and is located in the historic Palazzo Gravina Cruyllas. The building originally belonged to Gravina Cruyllas, one of the leading families of the seventeenth century Catania. Even today you can see the coat of arms and the family chapel at the entrance. The Museum was opened in 1930 in the presence of King Vittorio Emanuele III. Originally the museum was the birthplace of Vincenzo Bellini, next to the Gravina Palace Cruyllas. Vincenzo Bellini was an important nineteenth-century Sicilian composer and here he spent the first sixteen years of life. The museum consists of five rooms and in its interior, the works that trace the life of Bellini and his family. They are part of the museum collection, books, sheet music, musical instruments, paintings and the death mask of the composer. Of great interest are the collections of autographs Bellini with numerous sketches. The museum also houses a music library with scores of Italian and foreign musicians from the eighteenth to the twentieth century.