Along the ancient cellars of Palazzo Alfieri, the evocative exhibition environment unfolds which houses polychrome sculptures and sets created by the master Eugenio Guglielminetti. The Founding Master
Painter (student of Felice Casorati), sculptor and set designer sensitive to the research of the historical avant-gardes, Guglielminetti created the cultural club La Giostra in 1946, dedicated himself to Alfierian scenography in Asti in the 1950s and began working for television in the 1960s obtaining numerous awards for staging over 400 shows. The exhibition sections
The sections that make up the museum are: sculpture, scenography for music, dance, theater and television. The works housed in it range from the 1950s to 2006.
On the tenth anniversary of his death, on 16 October 2016, the Eugenio Guglielminetti Foundation paid homage to the Founder with an installation including paintings, sculptures, sketches of scenography and costume, materials and scenic "props"; next to it there are areas dedicated to masters of the second half of the nineteenth century and authors of the twentieth century.
The heritage on display, enriched by donations from artists and personalities from the theatrical world, provides an excursus on the history of theater and modern and contemporary art.
Guglielminetti's vision of scenography is overall essential, rational, clean, abstract and linked to symbolic elements; the idea of the stage is eliminated.