The National Etruscan Museum of Villa Giuliaè Today the mostù museum; representative of the Civilizationsà Etruscan and includes not only some of the più important creations of this civilizationà ;, but also Greek-class products, merged in an area that was between the eighth and fifth centuries BC an extraordinary meeting point of different peoples. The villa, built by Pope Julius III in the years of his pontificate between 1550 and 1555,è a splendid example of a Renaissance villa. the project and the construction of Villa, articulated in a series of three courtyards that develop in depthà behind the "palace", they attended by moreù great artists of the time: Giorgio Vasari, Jacopo Barozzi da Vignola and Bartolomeo Ammannati. The decoration of the villa was decorated with frescoes, due to Peter Venale from Imola, Taddeo Zuccari Prospero Fontana.
The Museum of Villa Giulia was born in 1889 on the initiative of Felice Barnabei (1842-1922), Italian archaeologist and politician, with the willà to make you concentrate all the objects discovered in the Roman province: Etruria next in Rome, the Agro falisco and capenate, Sabina, southern England, to which was added l’ Umbria. In the following decades with excavations conducted at Veii and Cerveteri the museum has acquired an Etruscan characterization.