Palazzo de' Rossi
An eighteenth-century building in the historic center of the city and recently restored, Palazzo de' Rossi is the headquarters of the Caript Foundation. Prestigious example of Tuscan architecture, it is characterized by interiors decorated with stuccos and frescoes, a monumental staircase that connects the three floors of the building and a reception room located on the main floor. The central part of the Palazzo was begun in 1749 to a design by Raffello Ulivi and was completed at the end of the 18th century with the addition of the south wing, designed by Salvatore Piccioli. The interior was completed in the first half of the 19th century with substantial decorative uniformity. The vaulted ceilings were decorated with typical motifs of the early nineteenth century by the Pistoia painters Valiani, Fini and Bezzuoli. The Palace, thanks to the rearrangement of the exhibition halls on the ground floor, now becomes a center dedicated to the art of the 20th century from Pistoia, a point of reference for the knowledge of the various artistic generations that have followed one another over the last century.