The Museo Civico Gaetano Filangieri is located in Naples in the historic center. The museum is located inside the fifteenth century Palazzo Como dedicated to sculpture, painting, applied arts and the preservation of ancient books. The museum named after Gaetano Filangieri who designed, from 1881 until 1888, the construction of the museum. In 1946 the collection was partially destroyed by bombing during World War II. In fact, the superintendent Bruno Molajoli addressed the Neapolitans to make donations which had to supplement the collections destroyed. The collection holds over 3,000 items including ceramics, porcelains, ivories, paintings and sculptures. The paintings present are artists of the Neapolitan culture of the seventeenth century, between the quai Jusepe de Ribera, Luca Giordano, Andrea Vaccaro, Battistello Caracciolo and Mattia Preti. In particular, please note: "The Deposition" by Francesco Solimena, "The Education of the Virgin" by Bernardino Luini and two "human portraits" by Botticelli. The upper room of the museum is dedicated to Agatha Moncada di Paterno, mother of Prince Filangieri. Inside the room was set up a real Wunderkammer with paintings, metal objects and porcelain. Inside the Museum also has a library which includes nearly 30,000 volumes and a historical archive of documents from 1200 to 1800.