Municipal Gallery of Contemporary Art and Lecco Mountaineering Observatory
The Palace was built in an eclectic neo-medieval style between 1902 and 1905 and until 1964 it was the headquarters of the Finance, Land Registry and Customs Office, therefore it was given the name of Fears. The building was used as a school and then abandoned until a few years ago. Subsequently it was the subject of important restoration and redevelopment works and, following an important museological and museographic project, it was inaugurated in 2012 as a new museum. Today Palazzo delle Paure hosts temporary exhibitions, the Municipal Gallery of Contemporary Art and the Lecco Mountaineering Observatory. In the halls of the Gallery, works by the major contemporary Italian artists (Morlotti, Castellani, Baj, Scanavino, Cavaliere, Rotella, Pomodoro), and others by the most important local artists (Vitali, Stefanoni, Chiappori, Gasparini) are exhibited. On the second floor is the Graphics and Photography Section, where the collections of prints, engravings and photography are exhibited cyclically. The Lecco Mountaineering Observatory is set up on the third floor.