Goglio Cable Car Museum
The Goglio Cable Car Museum is located in the former departure station of the ENEL Goglio-Devero cable car. The small exhibition space is divided into two sections: the first, the entrance, dedicated to the history, construction and use of the ski lift, for years the only means of connection between the hamlet of Goglio and the locality of Alpe Devero. ; in the center of this room, entirely decorated with paintings that evoke the values of freedom created by the local painter Angelo Bersani (Angelo del Devero), is the cabin used for passenger transport. In the second section, on the other hand, where portions of the rotation system of the ropes are still visible, the events that led in 1944 to the killing of four partisans caught in the extreme attempt to escape aboard the cable car are retraced.
The story told through the testimonies, documents and images of the time ends with an excerpt from the new and innovative study by Raphael Rues on the SS Polizei. The paintings on the external walls of the structure, also made by Angelo Bersani, instead want to pay homage to the strength and commitment of the Ossola population in the difficult period of the Resistance.