Ligurian Archeology Museum
The Ligurian Archeology Museum was inaugurated in 1936 and reopened in 1953, after post-war reconstruction.
An exhibition itinerary was created on the life, occupations and economy of the peoples who formerly inhabited Liguria.
The finds came from the caves of the Riviera di Ponente (Balzi Rossi, caves of Toirano, caves of the Finale area) and there were tombs of Ligurian warriors from the Iron Age and funerary objects from the pre-Roman necropolis of Genoa.
In addition there are testimonies of Ligurian cities in Roman times , Egyptian antiquities from the Albertis collection and a collection of ancient vases donated to the city by Prince Oddone of Savoy.
The exhibition itinerary, expanded in the 2000s, is equipped with numerous didactic supports and develops in 13 rooms, narrating according to a chronological criterion the various eras of prehistory in Liguria thanks to the Paleolithic burials from the Arene Candide cave , the very rich kits of the pre-Roman necropolis of Genoa ; the excavations of the cities of Roman Liguria; the collection of Greek and Roman antiquities of Prince Odone of Savoy; two rooms dedicated to the Egyptian collection and Roman marbles.