Marino Marini Museum
The Marino Marini Museum is located in the historic center of Florence .
The Marino Marini Museum is located in the medieval church of San Pancrazio deconsecrated in 1808. The Rucellai Chapel built for Giovanni di Paolo Rucellai by Leon Battista Alberti is preserved from the medieval period.
The small chapel is one of the wonders of the Florentine Renaissance jewel of Leon Battista Alberti's architecture.
The shrine of the sepulcher was placed in the left chapel of the church, where it is preserved today. Starting from 1600 the church underwent considerable transformations: the central nave was divided with a metal attic and the internal facade was partially demolished. Thanks to the restorations that took place in 1982 it was possible to recover and adapt the architecture for exhibition purposes. The intervention made possible the extension of the main hall and the creation of walkways and stairs.
Today the Marino Marini Museum is dedicated to the contemporary artist Marino Marini and his sculptures . The museum exhibition evokes the theatricality of Marino's works with his dancers, dancers and the series of animals. The medium-small sculptures are housed on the upper floor and represent an important portraitist activity.