Bassanos Civic Museum
Civic Museum of Bassano del Grappa, is one of the più oldest museums in the Veneto. Founded in 1828 following the legacy of GiambattistaBrocchi naturalist, he found the museum memorize options in 1840 its current headquarters in’ former convent of San Francesco. As of this date there were in fact hosted collections of Natural History (herbaria, collected geopaleontologiche, mineralogical, malacological, entomological) and books left by Brocchi as well as paintings from churches and convents suppressed età Napoleon, già deposited in adjacent rooms at the Cloister of St. Francis since 1831. L’ entire estate over timeè exceptionally enriched so that todayè You can admire and study only a part, set up in the archaeological sections (finds età paleoveneta, Magno-Greek, Roman and medieval), the Pinacoteca (paintings from the thirteenth to the twentieth century) and cloister (lapidary cairns, crests, inscriptions, tombstones and architectural fragments from the thirteenth century).
in the Civic Museum is the mostù large collection of works of Jacopo Da Ponte and its flourishing workshop. Three generations of painters who have marked the history of’ Italian art and that made Bassano del Grappa an artistic production center d’ excellence in the sixteenth century.&Nbsp; A few meters from these paintings is l’ wing dedicated to Antonio Canova where, among gypsum and busts, the protagonists are monochrome drawings on canvas with a few simple lines and backgrounds, maximum outcome of his expressivenessà art. the archaeological section from donations and important legacies, collects ceramics from the ninth century BC, small sculptures, jewelery, precious stones, coins and d&rsquo objects; use evidence of a’ antiquityà Local flanked on one’ archeology of international value. The Museum also houses the medieval section, where the famous crucifix of Guarientoè l’ unquestioned work, and the sections devoted to the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries with works by authors such emerge Giambattista Tiepolo, Artemisia Gentileschi and Alessandro Magnasco. In the rooms dedicated to the XIX century have exposed the small portrait of Francesco Hayez and the wonderful view to the cityà view from the river Brenta Roberto Roberti.