spinner-caricamento
Share

The Civic Museum of Viterbo is housed in the twelfth-century convent, adjacent to the Santa Maria Church of Truth and preserves artifacts from the ancient city of Ferento and archaeological sites in the Viterbo area, and an art gallery with works from the XII to Nineteenth century. The exhibition is divided over three floors. The Civic Museum of Viterbo hosts an Etruscan and Roman archaeological collection, with grave goods such as the Tomb of Salvii, pottery and bronzes. On display are about a thousand exhibits of Luigi Rossi Danielli Collection, to the Roman remains of Ferento. On the first floor there is the gallery where there are works from the twelfth to the fourteenth century, including two paintings by Sebastiano del Piombo: the famous Pieta of 1516 - 1517 and the Flagellation of 1524. Among other notable works are two polychrome terracotta sculptures by Andrea della Robbia's workshop and the sixteenth-eighteenth century works by artists such as Cesare Nebbia, Aurelio Lomi, Salvator Rosa, Pietro da Cortona, Antonio del Massaro said Pastura, a pupil of Pinturicchio and Perugino. On the second floor there are items of historical interest, such as fifty-six sketches of eighteenth-century Santa Rosa machine. There are also copies of the seventeenth century, some lost frescoes of Benozzo Gozzoli with Santa Stories of Life Rose of Viterbo, a collection of pharmacy jars of XVII-XVIII centuries and a coin collection.

Timetable and tickets

Address

Piazza Francesco Crispi, 2
01100 Viterbo

Contacts

Non sei ancora registrato?

Non perdere di vista le migliori mostre e gli appuntamenti più interessanti!

registrati

Other museums in Viterbo

Related searches