The Regional Gallery of Palazzo Bellomo is located in Ortigia, in the historical center of Syracuse. The Museum was inaugurated in 1948 and is located in the Palace of medieval origin. The Regional Gallery is called the "Bargello Syracuse" and collects a medieval and modern art collection. The collection tells the historical culture - art of the city of Syracuse and the southeastern province of Sicily. The collection includes works from the Byzantine period until the eighteenth century. Most of the works on display come from churches and convents in Sicily that were acquired after the law on the suppression of religious orders; others have come through purchases and private donations. The exhibition follows an order chronological and is divided between the first and second floor. On the ground floor there are exhibited the carriages of the eighteenth century. Among the works of medieval sculptures section reminiscent of the artists Francesco Laurana, Giovan Battista and Mazzollo Gagini. The Art Gallery houses the medieval and early modern art, one of all: the Annunciation by Antonello da Messina, which underwent a major restoration campaign in the twentieth century. It concludes the tour route a small group of decorative arts made up cribs, wallpaper, ceramics and silver.