The Chapel of the Taja in the former Palace Barabesi is located in the center of Siena. The chapel was founded as a place of private worship of the Taja family. The Taja family moved from Lombardy in Siena after 1530 and acquired the building as his residence. Over time the family grew rich on the business activities and established themselves as the most important in the city. The chapel was built by the will of Giulio del Taja. The chapel was decorated with frescoes, white stucco, paintings and monochrome canvas. Above the altar is still visible stucco depicting the Virgin Mary Assumption in time under the group of apostles. Originally a top window illuminated the walls and pads accentuating the theatrical effect. The walls host eight stucco frames in which they are depicted saints and Siena blessed among the most revered. Today the chapel is open to visitors and open to the public by reservation.