The Slaughterhouse of Testaccio, built between 1888 and 1891 by Gioacchino Ersoch, is considered one of the most important buildings of industrial archeology in the city for the modernity and originality of its structures. The buildings previously used for the slaughter and distribution of meat destined for the city of Rome, are now the headquarters of various realities including the Faculty of Architecture of Roma Tre and the Academy of Fine Arts. A significant portion of the slaughterhouse is in the center of a redevelopment plan for the creation of a pole of artistic and cultural research and production, capable of offering an incisive contemporary image of the city of Rome, recording its developments, and stimulating its evolution. The Slaughterhouse aims to represent a center of excellence for the production and public restitution of national and international research related to the performing arts and their relationships with the visual arts as well as with scientific languages and knowledge related to architectural and urban planning. In a vision of collaboration with the other institutions present in the Slaughterhouse complex.