Charm and mystery characterize the history of the Broletto di Pavia, the oldest in all of Lombardy. Many remains of Roman flooring have also been found in the area of the building. The base with the pointed arched portico is considered the oldest part, while the upper part is of Renaissance style, particular for the loggia that houses the room once used for meetings. The complex built on a 'c' plan became quadrilateral thanks to the completion of the apses of the Cathedral. According to tradition, the building was built in the twelfth century by the will of the bishop San Damiano, who desired it as Domus Episcopi. The fastigium with the loggia clock dates back to 1872. The exhibition space, managed by the Culture Sector of the Municipality of Pavia, is divided into four large rooms located on the ground floor of the south wing of the Broletto. Active since 2007 with a specific vocation for contemporary art exhibitions and attention, the Spazio del Broletto it hosts a dense program of exhibitions dedicated both to young artists active in the area and to names already included in the national and international context.