The Civic Museum of Castel Nuovo, also called Maschio Angioino, and one of the symbols of the City of Naples. The Castle is located on the seafront of Naples, near the port. Today New Castle houses the Civic Museum, which consists of the palace chapel and the museum routes in the first and second floor. The Palatine Chapel is the only remnant of the original Angevin fourteenth century castle. The interior of the chapel was painted by Giotto in 1330 and represents stories from the Old and New Testaments. Currently the frescoes have almost all been lost, but you can see a decorative part near the windows. The Museum is divided into several sections: the Armory room up to the painting and sculpture. On the first floor there are frescoes and paintings related to religious customers. Among the most important artists in the collection belong to Luca Giordano, Francesco Solimena, Mattia Preti and Battistello Caracciolo, Caravaggio all artists of the seventeenth century. The other rooms of the castle such as Charles V's room and the Lodge room, which are intended for temporary exhibitions and cultural initiatives.