The «Carlo Rizzarda» Gallery of Modern Art in Feltre was created in the will of Carlo Rizzarda , one of the most important wrought iron artists of the early twentieth century. In 1926 he bought Palazzo Bovio-Villabruna Cumano , a sixteenth-century residence in the historic center of Feltre, with the intention of creating a museum of decorative art in his hometown. Upon his death, the Municipality of Feltre inherited, in addition to the palace, all of Rizzarda's wrought iron deposited at the artist's villa and workshop in Milan as well as his art collection, including paintings including a Schiele , sculptures , objects of decorative art , furniture and chinoiserie that Rizzarda had purchased to furnish her Milanese home.
Over time, the Gallery's assets have considerably enriched thanks to the journalist and art critic Liana Bortolon who has donated her personal collection of contemporary art. Among the almost 100 works, the ceramics by Picasso , a wonderful Severini and some paintings by his friend Campigli stand out.
Another important enrichment is the recent collection of Venetian glass Nasci - Franzoia donated in 2018 by the architect Ferruccio Franzoia. It includes about 900 Murano glass objects from the most important furnaces operating in the lagoon in the 1920s, including Venini, MVM Cappellin & C, Salviati, Eos and numerous others. Here the lives and experiences of the greatest glass designers such as Vittorio Zecchin, Carlo Scarpa, Napoleone Martinuzzi, Fulvio Bianconi, Tapio Wirkkala intertwine.