La Vigna di Leonardo da Vinci was donated in 1498 by Ludovico il Moro, Duke of Milan, Leonardo. Vigna that Leonardo left in 1500 when the Duke Ludovico il Moro was defeated by French troops and Leonardo had to leave Milan. On the grounds of the large vineyard of St. Victor, the Duke dreamed of building a new residential district. Of that initial project now remains only the House of Atellani. La Vigna di Leonardo da Vinci reborn with Expo 2015 by the will of Portaluppi Foundation and current homeowners Atellani.