Museum Of Palazzo D Arco
The Museum of Palazzo d'Arco Mantua was the historic residence of the counts of Arco, remained as he left in 1973 the Countess Joan of Arc Marquise Guidi di Bagno, the last heir of the noble family of Trentino origin, which he wanted to devote his residence into a museum, allowing visitors to enjoy a cultural heritage of extraordinary richness. Of note: - The building, a remarkable example of neoclassical architecture (1782-1792). - The original furnishings: furniture, lighting, ceramics, weapons, musical instruments. - The prestigious art gallery, with paintings by Niccolò from Verona, Luini, Magnasco, Pourbus, Van Dyck and a grand Giuseppe Bazzani cycle. - The library, filled with old books. - The kitchen, curious for the series of copper molds. - The Zodiac Show, frescoed in 1520 by Giovanni Maria Falconetto.