spinner-caricamento
Share

National Archaeological Museum Of Mantova

The National Archaeological Museum of Mantova was inaugurated in 1998 in the same place that was Theater of the Court of Gonzaga in the sixteenth century. Since 1896 was the city market of silkworms, as expressed in the museum facade. The museum houses a permanent collection full of testimonies and history: prehistory, early history, Neolithic, Roman archeology to the Middle Ages. The museum is an important section of the history of the province of Mantua. Among the most famous works that are kept here are: the Mantova lovers. The lovers were discovered in 2007 in Valdaro and struck immediately for their emotional impact. The two young, about 20-22 years of age, were placed together around 5500-5100 years ago, with grave goods of flint tools. The lovers are the permanent dell'allestimento heart of the first floor of the museum, dedicated to Prehistory and Early History of Mantua territory. The Archaeological Museum is part of the Palazzo Ducale.

Timetable and tickets

Address

Piazza Sordello, 27
46100 Mantova

Contacts

Non sei ancora registrato?

Non perdere di vista le migliori mostre e gli appuntamenti più interessanti!

registrati

Other museums in Mantova

Related searches