The Museum of Crema and the Cremasco is located in the former convent of St. Augustine, founded in 1439. The museum is built around two cloisters and Renaissance wing of the second cloister houses the frescoed refectory in 1507 by the painter Pietro da Cemmo. The Museum was born in 1959, at the administrative level, but in 1963 it was officially inaugurated. The museum was created with the objective of conveying the history of the city and the territory, but it was also a landmark for cremaschi centuries. The permanent collection consists of several sections: archaeological, historical, artistic and a small musical and ethnographic. The archaeological section consists of many artifacts from different eras from the Paleolithic to the Bronze Age to Roman and Lombard. In particular, the Roman and Lombard collections were enriched thanks to findings in the area. The historical section contains documents, relics and objects from medieval times up to a very important group consists From the time revolutionary and the Unification of Italy. The art section is composed mainly of pictorial pictures and preserve the works of modern art and contemporary artists such as Crema Carlo Urbino, Vincenzo Civerchio and Camilla Marazzi. Other artists like Gaetano Previati, Bronzino and Domenico Induno are part of the collection.