San Pietro Museum
The San Pietro Museum, housed in the monumental complex of the female monastery of the same name, built in 1604 by Pietro Usimbardi to a design by Giorgio Vasari the Younger, is the result of the merger of the Civic and Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art with the Collection of the Conservatory of San Pietro, the Romano Bilenchi Collection and the Walter Fusi Collection. The exhibition itinerary traces the history of the city through the main expressions of art, in a constant dialogue between religiosity and civic ambition typical of medieval municipalities, culminating in 1592 with the elevation of the Terra di Colle to the City, following the establishment of the Diocese.On the first floor the visit begins with the exhibition of sacred works of art that tell the journey of faith in Valdelsa, from the origins to the birth of the Diocese of Colle, to continue with the rooms dedicated to civic collections dating back to the nineteenth and twentieth centuries which house the works of the Colligiani painters Antonio Salvetti and Walter Fusi. The itinerary ends with the section dedicated to the Collection of Romano Bilenchi, one of the most important Italian writers and intellectuals of the second post-war period, in which a selected selection of the rich library of the Colligiano writer is exhibited, together with the works of Ottone Rosai, Moses Levy. and Mino Maccari. The Museum is part of the Colle Alta Musei system together with the “Ranuccio Bianchi Bandinelli” Archaeological Museum.