The most grandiose Roman villa on the island is Villa Jovis, located at the top of the eastern cape, last residence of Emperor Tiberius. Excavations in 1935 brought to light a large building, which gravitates around a large central quadrangle where tanks are located. You enter the building through ramps that rise to the so-called avenue of myrtle and terminate in a vestibule, which precedes a tetrastyle atrium with four bases of white marble, on which four marble columns stood cipollino. The adjacent rooms were used for the guard. A wide corridor with white mosaic floor leads to a second vestibule, from which which one passes, to the east, on the upper floor occupied by the bath and from the accommodation. The plant is intended to bathroom, which extends along the entire side of the building, is composed of a series of five parallel environments to the corridor; in the steam bath (for bathrooms with hot water) there are two apses, one with a bathtub, another with the bronze basin for washing. The west side had a multi-storey building for the servants, with equal rooms arranged along a corridor. The neighborhood of the imperial residence, however, which is accessed via a ramp, consists of a large semicircular hall and smaller rooms; while the private accommodation for the emperor, located on the extreme peak of the mountain and facing north toward the island's interior and the west sea, separated from the rest of the building consisted of three rooms: a vestibule input, with a roof terrace in front, and two rooms with large windows and polychrome marble inlays floors.