spinner-caricamento
Share

Fondazione Museo di Palazzo Moroni is located inside the palace of the same name, under the Rocca Civica. The construction was commissioned and built by Francesco Moroni in 1631 following the marriage with Lucrezia Roncalli, another noble family of the seventeenth-century Bergamo. The decorations were made by Gian Giacomo Barbelli, a well-known painter from the Cremasco area. The subjects created were inspired by the contemporary scholar Donato Calvi. The art collection of Palazzo Moroni is very vast and heterogeneous. Of great value are the works exhibited in the Lombard Renaissance picture gallery, including "La Maddalena Penitente" by Giampietrino, a pupil of Leonardo da Vinci and a "Family Portrait" by Andrea Previtali from Bergamo. In addition, the eighteenth-century consoles of the Ballroom are exceptional, where it is possible to admire floor mosaics from Villa Adriana in Tivoli. Finally, the collection is enriched by the ceramics made by some of the main manufacturers of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries: Meissen, Wedgwood, Sèvres and Capodimonte. Unforgettable are also the gardens with seventeenth-century terraces and a so-called "vegetable garden", created during the nineteenth century, intended for agricultural crops. Today Palazzo Moroni, in addition to being an important exhibition venue, hosts gala and luxury events thanks to the noble rooms in perfect state of conservation.

Timetable and tickets

Not registered yet?

Don't miss the best exhibitions and the most interesting events!

sign in

Other museums in Bergamo

Related searches