Peggy Guggenheim Collection
The Peggy Guggenheim Collection , in its Venice headquarters, is a museum of 20th century modern art . The collection owes its name to its founder, Peggy Guggenheim (1898-1979), an American patron who bought and lived in Palazzo Venier dei Leoni , the current seat of the museum, for over 30 years. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is owned by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation which also manages the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York.
Since October 2012, the Venice-based Collection has collected 80 works of post-World War II Italian, European and American art , bequeathed by the American collector Hannelore B. Schulhof and her husband Rudolph B. Schulhof to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation in New York. In 1948 the collection kept in the Italian museum was exhibited at the first post-war Venice Biennale.
Today at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection it is possible to admire the works of great masters of the twentieth century including Jean Arp , Umberto Boccioni, Alexander Calder, Marcel Duchamp, Max Ernst, René Magritte, Joan Miró, Pablo Picasso , Jackson Pollock, Germaine Richier, Gino Severini , Clyfford Still, Emilio Vedova, and many other avant-garde artists of that era.
The Peggy Guggenheim Collection annually hosts temporary exhibitions.