Civic Museum Of Bari
The Civic Museum of Bari is located in the historic city center and is housed in the Town Hall. The medieval building consists of a rectangular complex with a three-story tower. Over the centuries the building has undergone changes with overlapping of styles and constructions. The Palace is located in the archaeological area of Bari, where many remains have been found. Among the assets kept in the Museum of considerable value the birthplace of the Marquis of Montrone, precious artifact carved out of walnut wood in meccato silver dating to the second half of the eighteenth century. The museum collection on display in the Museum includes many artistic and documentary assets received as a donation by the Tanzi family in 1935. repropose some illustrious members of the family came to Bari in the wake of Sforza Isabella of Aragon. The archive documents constitute an enormous wealth of information for the reconstruction of civic and regional history from the sixteenth early twentieth century and constitute a dense network of testimony on the evolution of political, economic, commercial, social earth Bari, in the succession of different historical periods. Of great value it is also a section dedicated to the Fund Antonelli Matteucci. They are stored 500 on glass plate negatives and photographic prints.