The Museum Irpino Avellino was born in the second half of the nineteenth century, following the donation, bequest, the Attorney's antiquities collection Giuseppe Zigarelli the City of Avellino. Over the years, as a result of further material acquisitions, resulting from excavations in various areas of Irpinia, the structure was expanded significantly, becoming the emblem of historical and archaeological importance that the Irpinia plays as part of the cultural deposits Campanian and acting, therefore, as the initial step must for those wishing to reach out to the knowledge of this area and its history. The Museum is divided into several rooms, each dedicated to an area of origin, including the same collection Zigarelli, which can be defined as a collection of Iron Age materials, in large part, coming from high Ofanto river valley with other nuclei of uncertain origin materials. The current arrangement is the result of a choice that reconciles two fundamental elements: the chronological sequence (from prehistoric times to the late Roman Age) of the materials and their context of native origin. Together with the Provincial Library Scipione and Giulio Capone and the Provincial Art Gallery, recently set up in the Bourbon prison, is one of the cultural most interesting of our territory and, poles then, is the focus on the needs of development and communication that every cultural field , by itself, he poses. It is located in a neo-rationalist architecture building, designed by the architect. Francesco Fariello, winner of a national contest of ideas in 1951. It stands on the site once occupied by the Botanical Garden of the Bourbon age as still testified by the rich adjoining garden.