The headquarters of the Municipality of Verona Modern Art Gallery occupies most of the block bounded by the Roman Via Forti, Via Massalongo, Corso S. Anastasia and Vicolo Due Mori. The original framework of Palazzo Forti could be dated around the XIII century. In 1937 Achille Forti, botanist and the last descendant of the family, let memorize options the palace heritageà to the city of Verona, as the willà testamentary, the adibì a modern art museum. With these tasks the building remained open for a little overù a year. ln response to wartime events was first turned into a headquarters of the Academy of Fine Arts and the Art School, then to the city administration offices until about 1950. In 1966 some restoration work was undertaken under the supervision of Prof. Licisco Magagnato, which brought to light the medieval structures. Meanwhile, but only for a few months, it was reopened a museum, which was to memorize options finally closed (except some solitary exposure) until the eighties. In 1982 the council decided the final opening of the gallery which was inaugurated on March 14 of that year. Since then, the museum has organized several important exhibitions dedicated to characters and moreù movements; important national and international art scene: including Van Gogh, Munch, Degas, Toulouse Lautrec, Picasso, Modigliani, de Chirico, Magritte, Klee, Kandinsky, Malevich, Chagall to contemporary Marc Quinn. Among the objectives of the gallery to the preservation, enhancement and promotion of its collection through a corpus of about 1,300 works of’ modern and contemporary art with works of considerable importance artists: from Medardo Rosso to Vanessa Beecroft, by Francesco Hayez Fabrizio Plessi by Felice Casorati Giulio Paolini, etc.