The National Archaeological Museum of Castiglioncello is located in Rosignano Marittimo, a few meters from the historic center and the train station. The National Archaeological Museum was created by Luigi Adriano Milani, Superintendent of Antiquities of Etruria. The goal was to gather in one place the finds unearthed during excavations conducted by the urbanization of the coastal town. The museum was originally founded in the vacation villa of Baron Fausto Patrone on top of the "Puget" Punta Righini. Subsequently, it was built between 1912 and 1914, a special building large enough to accommodate all the exhibits. the building was built as a model taking into account a Hellenistic temple with external and polychrome decorations. The museum was closed to the public in 1973 for a total restoration campaign and reopened in 2011. The collection houses urns and funerary objects of Etruscan origin.