The Capitular Museum of San Lorenzo, also called the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo, is located in Perugia in the historic center. The Museum was founded in 1923 and is spread over 25 rooms that house works from the churches of the diocese and the Duomo. At the entrance to the Museum there is the archaeological area of the Cathedral where the Etruscan acropolis was originally located. Even today it is possible to see the stratifications of the different eras: Etruscan, Roman, late ancient and medieval. In particular, there are the foundations of a temple, an Etruscan-Roman road and a Roman domus. The museum collection preserves illuminated manuscripts, liturgical vestments, goldsmiths, silverware, paintings and sculptures from the years 1000 to 1800. Among the most important artists we remember: Meo da Siena, Arnolfo di Cambio, Pompeo Cocchi, Bartolomeo Caporali, Agostino di Duccio and Luca Signorelli with his "Pala di Sant'Onofrio", the only work of the artist present in the city of Perugia.