The Castel Sant 'Elmo and the Museum of the Twentieth Century Naples is located on the Vomero, next to the Museum and Certosa di San Martino. The castle has medieval origins, in fact, was built in 1275 and was inhabited by the family of King Charles of Anjou. The Museum of the twentieth century was born in 2010 in the historic Jail High Castel Sant 'Elmo. The Museum houses a collection of contemporary art of Neapolitan and artists active in Naples between 1910 and 1980. The goal is to document chronologically artistic developments of the twentieth century in Naples. The works on display include the periods from the Secession to the Trans. They are exposed sculptures, paintings and graphic for a total of 230 works by 116 Neapolitan artists. Among the artists are Filippo Tommaso Marinetti, Mimmo Paladino, Ernesto Tatafiore, Eugenio screws and John Brancaccio. Within the spaces of the Upper Prison houses the library, photo library of Art History and the scenic stroll happy visitors to enjoy a beautiful view of Naples.