The Villa Durazzo Pallavicini is located on the waterfront of Genoa, in the district of Pegli. The Palace was built between 1837 and 1846, commissioned by Marquis Ignazio Pallavicini and the architect Michele Canzio. The Villa Durazzo Pallavicini is surrounded by a large garden with different structures, lakes, temples, pagodas and obelisks. The entrance leads to the palace that was once the summer residence of the Marquis, and now houses the Archaeological Museum with finds of prehistoric Ligurian. Adjacent to the Archaeological Museum is the wonderful Botanical Garden, created in the nineteenth century by Marchesa Clelia Durazzo Pallavicini, an expert on botany. The botanical garden preserves in different groups of greenhouses carnivorous plants, succulents, ferns and much more. Dall'orto botanical leads to the Coffee house where he had a habit of being noble for tea. Do not miss the flowering of camellias during the spring period. Once this flower was cultivated by the Marchioness and today is the symbol of Villa Durazzo Pallavicini.