The Diocesan Museum in Genoa is located in the historic city center. The museum was set up inside the cloister of San Lorenzo, the residence of the Canons of the Cathedral. During the 1100 was built the Romanesque cloister that revolves around the Diocesan Museum. Thanks to the restoration work carried out between 1988 and 1992 it was possible to bring back former splendor of the cloister, now fallen into disrepair. The Museum was opened in 2000 and houses the works of the Genoese Church. In the underground areas they are exposed medieval artifacts, including remembers the funeral monument of Cardinal Luca Fieschi 1336, attributed to the school of Giovanni Balducci from Pisa. In the following rooms we find works from the fourteenth century to Baroque art of the seventeenth century. Of great interest are: "Madonna and Christ Child Enthroned with Saints" attributed to Perin del Vaga, "The Crucifixion" by Luca Cambiaso and the "transit" of St. Scholastica by Gregorio de Ferrari. A small core exhibition is dedicated to the Italian textile manufacturing and silverware. Standing out among all: the embossed brass series of basins, "the Repository" in silver and donated by Placidia Doria to the church.