Museum of the Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto
The Museum of the Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto is located in Florence and is annexed to the Church of San Salvi.
The Museum of the Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto was founded in 1845 in a part of the convent of San Salvi with the collections and the large fresco by Andrea del Sarto . The Museum houses the funeral monument of San Giovanni Gualberto by Benedetto da Rovezzano, the fireplace room, the sink and the refectory with the most important works by Pontormo and Andrea del Sarto in front of the large Cenacle.
The great hall of sculpture presents the funeral monument to San Giovanni Gualberto and the large cast of the funeral monument to Ilaria del Carretto by Jacopo della Quercia . The Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto was built between 1520 and 1525. The scene is of particular historical and artistic importance because it takes place when Jesus reveals to the apostles the certainty of the betrayal of one of them.
Other artists present in the collections are Ridolfo del Ghirlandaio, Francesco Brina, Carlo Portelli and others.
These are works arranged along the entrance corridor with large Mannerist altarpieces by Tuscan painters.