The Cathedral Museum Ferrara collects most rare and precious examples of the Renaissance Ferrara magnificence still present in the city that was the scene of their creation. The museum remained in its historic location, a large room overlooking the atrium of the Cathedral, until December 2000 when, in order to meet the modern increasingly careful museological requests to the preservation and use of historic and artistic heritage, born l 'need to preserve the collections in a new location. The choice fell on the former Church of San Romano, adjacent to the Cathedral and also linked to it from a historical perspective, properly restored, together with the annexes, as part of the works created for the Jubilee. In the rich and varied collection of sculptures stand extraordinary panels of the Master of the Months (1225-1230 ca.), the majestic Madonna of the Pomegranate by Jacopo della Quercia (1403-1406) and the elegant fifteenth-century works by Filippo Solari, Andrea da Carona and Bernardo Rossellini. They should remember the magnificent tapestries with the Stories of Saints George and Maurelio woven between 1551-1553 by Johannes Karcher designed by Garofalo and Camillo Filippi. The masterpiece of the museum is represented by the monumental organ doors depicting St. George and the dragon and the Annunciation by Cosme Tura, among the highest peaks reached by the art of the Italian Quattrocento.