The Diocesan Museum of the Cathedral of Città di Castello is located in the historic city center. The Museum was founded in 1940 by the will of the diocesan Bishop Filippo Maria Cipriani. The museum was expanded later to accommodate the largest number of works from the collection. The collection consists of works of liturgy and medieval and Renaissance paintings between the fourteenth and sixteenth centuries. In particular, the first room houses the treasure Canoscio consists of 25 pieces including vases and eucharistic fifth century dishes. Of great value are: the frontal embossed and gilded silver, which was donated to the Pope in 1100; and a silver pastoral tooled and gilded attributed to Goro di Gregorio, a goldsmith of the fourteenth century Sienese. Among the paintings preserved remember the "Madonna and Child with St. John" by Pinturicchio, "Risen Christ in Glory" by Rosso Fiorentino and "Angels" by Giulio Romano. The museum now houses temporary exhibitions, educational activities, cultural events and concerts at the Gothic hall.