The Abbey of San Salvatore in Soffena is located outside the town of Castelfranco in the province of Arezzo. The abbey is located near the scenic route of the ancient medieval Setteponti findings of 800 years. The Abbey was built starting in the year 1000, but the current structure dates from the late fourteenth century. Inside it is preserved frescoes realized in the first half of the fifteenth century. The cloister is still perfectly preserved with the bell tower. Inside the Abbey you can still see the original frescos with depictions of "Madonna with Child and Saints Peter and Francis" attributed to the Florentine painter Paolo Schiavo, "The Annunciation" by Giovanni di Ser Giovanni younger brother of Masaccio. Other frescoes belong to the Master of Bibbiena, to Mariotto di Cristofano, in San Giovanni Gualberto and Bicci di Lorenzo. In the church there were other works that were later stolen in the centuries since the mid-eighteenth century. The monument became a museum in 1963, the year in which the supervision activated a plan and architectural restoration of the frescoes. The frescoes in a complete state of decay were removed and reported on panels to building walls.