Palazzo Fulcis is the seat of the artistic collection of Belluno's Civic Museum.
The latter was established in 1872, thanks to the donation to the city of the important collection of paintings by the Belluno doctor Antonio Giampiccoli. Soon were added to those the collections of bronzes, medals, plaques, coins, seals, manuscripts and books of local interest of Count Florio Miari. The building of the Collegio dei Giuristi, built in 1664, was intended for the exhibition. The first opening was in 1876, and the first director of the Museum was Osvaldo Monti, Royal Provinciale Inspector for Monuments and Excavations.
Palazzo Fulcis was opened to the public in 2017, after a long restoration. This elegant 18th century building was destinated to be the seat of the artistic collection of Belluno's Civic Museum.
To date, the layout of Palazzo Fulcis sees the basement occupied by the Lapidary with important monuments and inscriptions documenting the history of Belluno in Middle Ages and Early Modern History.
On the first, second and third floor, the picture gallery winds its way with paintings dating from the 14th to the 19th century that mostly come from the Veneto area. In particular, there are many paintings of Sebastiano Ricci, like the Fall of Phaeton, the canvas that once was fixed into the ceiling of Hercules Chamber, the private room of the Belluno nobleman Pietro Fulcis. Other rooms are dedicated to wooden sculpture - an art that Andrea Brustolon found one of his best interpreters in the Belluno area - to the collection of plaques and small bronzes, to drawings, to votive paintings and to unusual collections of decorative arts, among which, for completeness and richness, that of Belluno jewels and that of porcelain. In June 2021, the Swordsmith Room was opened, to remember a significant manufactory of Belluno during the Renaissance.