S Gaudenzio Church
The current building, a national monument, is the result of an interesting overlapping of extensions from different eras. The first testimony of the church is in a document from the early 11th century. where a "cappellam" donated to the canons of s. Maria di Novara da Gualberto, bishop of Novara from 1032 to 1039. The chapel, dedicated to S. Gaudenzio, first bishop of Novara (337-417), had a rectangular plan and occupied the area of the present presbytery.